Why face masks can protect you from COVID-19?
How COVID-19 spreads?
I guess everybody has already known how COVID-19 spreads, there are two major ways of how coronavirus spreads, they are:
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes or talks.
- Spread from contact with contaminated surfaces or objects.
Here is an article from CDC about How COVID-19 Spreads.
How can we avoid getting infected by those two ways?
Since we have already known the ways of how coronavirus spreads, then how can we avoid getting infected by those two way?
- Stay at home to avoid contact with others.
- Wear a cloth face covering / wear a face mask to reduce the chance of inhaling in droplets which were spreaded by silent carriers.
- Wear a cloth face covering / wear a face mask to stop spreading COVID-19 what if you are a silent carrier.
- Stay at home to avoid touching any contaminated objects.
- WASH hands often. Washing your hands with soap and water or using alcohol-based hand rub kills viruses that may be on your hands.
Why wearing a face mask help stop COVID-19?
We think everyone should wear a face mask in public for three reasons.
- Wearing a face mask can stop silent carriers and people, who think thy are just getting a flu, from spreading virus wherever they go.
- Wearing a face mask can effectively stop you from inhaling in droplets which were spread by silent carriers.
- Wearing a face mask can stop you from touching your face subconsciously.
But wearing a face mask can help a lot, because face masks can capture most droplets, but it can't completely protect you, because viruses can transmit through some other ways, like transmit through the eyes.Types of medial face masks.
- The N95 is the USA standard
- FFP2 is the EU standard. This includes the UK.
- The KN95 is the China standard
- The KF94 is the Korean standard
Why WHO still does't suggest people to wear a medical face mask?
That's due to the shortage of medical face masks in most countries, medical face masks are critical for keeping doctors and nurses from getting coronavirus. We 100% agree, if you have some medical face masks which meet your country's medical standards, then please donate them to your local hospital.
Why would experts saying wear a face mask could make things be worse at the beginning?
You can find quite a lot of those videos online. The virus is still relatively new, experts are also don't all about it, they made mistakes at the beginning. Some "experts" said wearing a face mask cloud increase the chance of touching your face, we totaly don't agree with that. I guess most people can wear a face mask properly without learning, because it's easy, and the first step is washing your hands, you will be totally fine even if you touched your face by accident. Check the "How to put on, use, take off and dispose of a mask?" section on this page Q&A on coronaviruses WHO.
Why buy face masks oversea is a good idea?
Other equipments to prevent COVID-19.
- Face Shield Masks
- Isolation gowns
- Infrared Forehead Thermometer
- Disposable gloves
1. When do you need to wear a Goggle?
- You should wear one when you have to go to a place where you reckon you might be exposed to coronavirus.
2. Clear Face Shield MasksProvide fully protection for your face, wearing a face shield mask may stop respiratory droplets going to your eyes, month and nose. Recommeded to people who are going to have close contact with coronavirus patients.
3. Disposable isolation gowns
How to don and remove a isolation gown.
This video contains a case of how a husband took care of his nurse wife who had COVID-19, he did best protections he could by wearing a isolation gown, a gaggle, a face mask.
4. Infrared Forehead Thermometers
5. Disposable glovesDisposable gloves can prevent your hands from touching objects directly, keep your hand be virus free.
If it's okay to do over protection?
Yes, if that's not a waist of medic important medical equipments, because doing over protection can really reduce the chance of getting affected, that's good thing from every aspect. Some people may laugh at you, just ignore them, you are doing every well of protecting you from COVID-19, if everyone can do that well, then the coronavirus outbreak will soon be gone.
If you wear a N95 face mask or a FFP2 face mask to the grocery store, that's totally wrong, you should donate medical face masks to your local hospital.
Look after yourself, and each other!
In the war of fighting COVID-19, we should all act as cowards to avoid direct confrontation with COVID-19. We hope you and your loved ones are as safe and well as they can be.